Latest posts by South African State Theatre (see all)
The South African State Theatre, an entity of the Department of Arts and Culture, established in accordance with the Cultural Institutions Act, (no. 119 of 1998, as amended) and schedule 3A of the Public Finance Management Act 1999(Act No. 1 of 1999), as amended, is seeking the services of an AUDIT AND RISK expert to join its AUDIT AND RISK Committee (ARC) as an Independent External Member.
ARC is a committee of Council, which is established to assist Council in carrying out its mandate in line with the legislation mentioned above as well as other applicable laws and the King IV Code of Good Corporate Governance.
The External Independent Member will be required to provide expert advice on the implementation of the Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) of the ARC, as outlined in the committee’s Charter.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Managing the functional performance of the internal audit department
- Reviewing the annual financial statements
- Reviewing the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial information
- Reviewing the performance of SAST against its approved targets and ensuring effective
performance evaluation and management
- Overseeing effective corporate governance, including compliance with applicable legislation and best practice
- Reviewing internal audit plans
- Reviewing management resolutions on internal and external audit findings
- A Chartered Accountant (SA) qualification is a requirement. A CIA, LLB or MBA qualification will be an advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience after graduating or a specialist post in an audit environment
- Experience in the public sector audit and risk environment
- Independence and integrity
- Willingness to dedicate time
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in internal and external audit, accounting, financial management, project management, risk management, information and communication technology and governance.
- The Audit and Risk Committee of SAST meets at least four times per annum, but special meetings may be held if necessary
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for. Email or hand deliver applications consisting of a covering letter, application form, CV with 3 contactable referees and certified copies of qualifications to the following Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office The South African State Theatre 320 Pretorius Street Pretoria E-mail email@example.com
Download Application form here: http://www.statetheatre.co.za/Portals/0/Documents/Call-outs/Commitee%20Application%20Form%202019.pdf