Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
- SA Country-Sangeres, Chereé, se nuwe album is hier - 18/06/2019
- Country girl Chereé releases new album - 18/06/2019
- Renos chats to Loraine Beaton about Wake Up South Africa - 16/06/2019
Affectionately known as South Africa’s ‘Fame’ school for the Performing Arts, The Waterfront Theatre College in Cape Town will be holding national auditions for 2019 enrolment. Anyone interested in a career in the performing arts should contact the Waterfront Theatre College directly on 021 418 4600 or e-mail Mary Martin at email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Auditions will take place in the following areas and venues:
- BLOEMFONTEIN – 19 SEPTEMBER 2018, at the Scaena Theatre UFS from 17.00 to 20.00
- DURBAN – 20 SEPTEMBER 2018, Actors Studio, 114 Interstate Ave, Umgeni Business Park from 17.00 to 20.00
- PORT ELIZABETH – 21 SEPTEMBER 2018 at the Athenaeum cnr Belmont Terrace and Castle Hill, Central, Port Elizabeth from 17.00 to 20.00
- JOHANNESBURG – 22 SEPTEMBER 2018 at Redhill, 20 Summit Road, Morning Side, Sandton from 11.00 to 14.00
- CAPE TOWN – 20 OCTOBER and 17 NOVEMBER 2018. Venue is the Waterfront Theatre College. Mary Martin will give details of time.
Academic Course Outline: https://www.waterfronttheatreschool.co.za/
The Waterfront Theatre College has established an unparalleled reputation for training the so-called ‘triple threat’ performer’ and is affiliated to Trinity Guildhall in London and The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance. These examining bodies accredit the course and ensure that all graduates have the potential for global work opportunities. Through these affiliations, the college maintains a connection to global training standards in the performing arts and is equal to international standards of excellence.
Apart from a full timetable from 09:00 to 16:30 every day, the college also operates a part-time schedule from 15:30 onwards during the week and on Saturdays for school learners. In addition to this schedule, the college also offers a range of extramural activities providing opportunities for students to perform on campus and in outside venues like Artscape – these extracurricular activities include One Act Play Festivals, Choreographic Competitions, Musical Theatre Productions, Dance Shows, Devised Drama Projects and Part Time Productions.
Founded in 1992 by SABC’s ‘Golden Girl’ Delia Sainsbury and husband Keith Galloway, the Waterfront Theatre College celebrates a 26-year track record of excellence. ‘In the words of Stephen Sondheim: ‘Good times and bad times, I’ve seen them all and my dear, I’m still here!’ laughs Delia, who shows no signs of slowing down after nearly 40 years in the business.
Situated at the entrance to the famous V&A Waterfront District, The Waterfront Theatre College consists of 11 studios, 2 performance spaces including the 80-seater Galloway Theatre named after Keith Galloway and the larger 175-seater theatre The Lane. The campus also includes a number of costume stores and set building facilities. It has a residence, which currently homes 22 students per year. There is a staff of 17 internationally qualified teachers and guest teachers, each with extensive performing experience in their field.