Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
- Public Figure makes SA debut - 18/06/2019
- Call extended Drama For Life Conference & Festival - 18/06/2019
- SA Country-Sangeres, Chereé, se nuwe album is hier - 18/06/2019
The Randburg Rotary Anns present a ballet event at the Roodepoort Theatre in aid of Abraham Kriel Bambanani’s education and development programme.
Abraham Kriel Bambanani NPC is registered as PBO, caring for 1000+ destitute children from new-born babies to students. Their beneficiaries are 86% black disadvantaged children. Bambanani means United and the organisation has tremendous respect and appreciation for how united efforts enable the achievement of goals despite difficult economic times.
The services the programme renders to these law-bestowed, abused, abandoned and HIV/AIDS affected children are delivered with passion and love. They include residential care to abandoned babies, traumatized children and orphans, community care serving the poorest of the poor and AIDS-affected, in Emdeni, Zola and Westbury with drop-in centres as well as home-based care programmes and educational services in the form of an Early Childhood Development Centre, and Impact school as well as a Skills Development Centre (Soweto).
The ladies from Randburg Rotary Anns always work very hard to produce this Ballet de la Jeunesse show with minimum costs and maximum income, but with pride deliver an excellent professional production.
This year’s show is an entertaining programme of dance comprising:
- a fairy tale ballet – “Bunny Cottontail’s Adventure in Fairyland”
- A dance arrangement from Act 11 of the internationally renowned “La Bayadere”.
- A presentation by the Robinson School of Dance of Highland and Irish dancing.
All with a passion for ballet are invited to come and enjoy this event for the future of the Abraham Kriel Bambanani programme.
Performance dates and times:
Saturday 9 March 14:30 and 19:30
Sunday 10 March: 14:30
Ticket price R150