Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
Job offer at Business Arts South Africa (BASA):
Head Research & Development
Purpose is the management and coordination of internal and external research work and projects across BASA and for giving specialist guidance and advice to the business.
Collate and analyse data and provide evidence-based recommendations which will be used to contribute to the delivery of BASA’s strategic goals.
Key Elements for this role:
- Present specialist advice in high-quality comprehensive reports that articulate the research findings and offer evidenced-based recommendations for programme development, including potential business models.
- Present Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategy to the Board
- Curating and logging all research reports, internal and external, to ensure a high-level view of significant findings and trends, get value from them and report back to the business.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive for all business development.
- Compile articles for publishing
Do you fit the profile?
Education & Professional Development
- Postgraduate Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a Humanities/Social science or other relevant subject.
- Minimum of five (5) year’s experience undertaking research using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience drafting reports and recommendations that have led to tangible results (e.g. programme and/or policy development).
- Experience developing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
Skill & Experience
- Strong knowledge of arts sector
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills; strong command of grammar, spelling and style.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly when undertaking administrative research tasks (e.g. data entry, emailing surveys).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Strong understanding of research ethics ensuring participant data and sensitive information is kept confidential.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently, with little notice, and as necessary
- Ability to work within tight deadlines to produce quick turnarounds
- Ability to engage in advocacy
- Must be able to attend arts sector events in the evenings
- Own transport ideal
Salary on offer: Market related
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
To Apply contact: Nenette van der Linde-Barker, HR Partner at BASA,
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully & ensure your application includes all of the details we need.