This is run by the South African State Theatre’s Education, Youth and Children Theatre (EYCT) Department.
Only young creatives with experience in their respective genres will be considered for this program.
Proposals for the following genres will be considered:
- Children’s Theatre
- Dance/ Physical Theatre
- Musical Theatre
- Visual Arts
All applicants are required to meet and/or submit the following requirements to be considered for the above-mentioned program:
- Applicants must have experience in their specialised field with a record of work previously done.
- Applicants must be based in the Tshwane Metropolitan.
- Motivation letter of how the production is relevant, meaningful and entertaining.
- Creative team information that includes biographies and contact details.
- Full script and a brief synopsis.
- Four-page narrative treatment (for dance/devised production(s)).
- For visual artists, a portfolio is required.
- For music, an audio clip is required.
In addition to the financial support, successful candidates will receive venue, technical and artistic support from the SAST.
All proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the genre being proposed as the subject line of the email and reach SAST by midnight of 6 July 2018.