The Cape Town City Ballet is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Chief Executive Officer, to start on October 1, 2018.
The CEO of the Cape Town City Ballet (CTCB) will report directly to the Board of the CTCB, and will be expected to:
- use his/her best endeavours to conduct properly, improve, develop, promote, protect, preserve and extend the interests, reputation and goodwill of the CTCB, both within South Africa and externally;
- have experience in general management of companies, preferably artistic companies, and to have the necessary qualifications and proven experience to accept responsibility for the financial management of the CTCB. The financial management will include, but not be limited to, the financial oversight of productions, revivals and music.
- have adequate knowledge of corporate governance requirements. In this regard, the CEO should fully acquaint him/herself with the recommendations and guidelines of the King report on Corporate governance or any similar code, in order to ensure that the CTCB complies therewith.
- be responsible for the day to day management and administration of the affairs of the CTCB within the limits and in accordance with the policies and resolutions adopted by the Board of the CTCB from time to time. In this regard, the CEO should ensure that there are clear lines of communication internally and externally and promote advocacy across all departments.
- manage official correspondence of the CTCB;
- manage business planning, capital projects, building operations and strategies;
- plan and manage the marketing of the CTCB brand at productions and activities and ensure that its website and social media platforms portray the correct image of the CTCB;
- plan and oversee touring arrangements in South Africa and overseas.
- oversee the management of the CTCB’s school and outreach programmes
- manage the CTCB’s fundraising programmes and overseeing applications for state and lottery funding.
- attend all CTCB and media events, including making public appearances and speeches as required;
- liaise with the Governance and HR sub-committee to ensure the health, well-being and safety of the staff and dancers. In this regard, the CEO will be expected to have some knowledge of the relevant statutes affecting employees’ rights and working conditions.
- be responsible for the contractual commitments of the CTCB, in conjunction with the relevant sub-committees.
- generally, perform the role of the executive responsible for ensuring that the employees of the CTCB carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with standards determined by the Board from time to time.
Applicants should submit their CV’s to:
The Chairman of the Board
The deadline for applications has been extended to Friday 3 August, 2018.
HONORARY PATRONS: Ms S Camerer,Ms C September and Mr J Mosaval
(Association incorporated under Section 21)
Registration number 05114 / 08 / 97
VAT no: 485 018 1118
CAPE TOWN CITY BALLET
PO Box 94, RONDEBOSCH, 7701
021 492 5950