Latest posts by South African State Theatre (see all)
- King Cetshwayo musical comes to State Theatre - 10/09/2019
- SAST says NO to xenophobia and GBV - 09/09/2019
- VACANCY: Assistant Front Of House Manager at the SA State Theatre - 05/09/2019
Job Title: Carpenter
Reporting to: Senior Maintenance Manager
Period: Five years fixed term Contract
Key performance Areas:
- Constructing, erecting, installing, and repairing theatrical structures for assigned shows using a variety of carpentry hand and power tools.
- Cutting, shaping or carving different sized forms and erecting or assembling pieces, such as flats, platforms and stairs.
- Studying blueprints, sketches, or building plans to determine materials required and dimensions of structures to be fabricated.
- Building, erecting and installing all scenic components using a variety of carpentry hand and power tools. Using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue to make framework or props.
- Doing carpentry-related theatre building repairs or renovations and new construction.
Preferred Minimum Education:
- Certificate in relevant apprenticed trade with two years of theatrical carpentry experience.
- 2 years relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and critical competencies:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the theatrical carpentry trade.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and/or schematics.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate stationary power equipment, hand-held electric tools and hand tools and welding equipment.
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for.
Hand deliver or e-mail certified copies of qualifications and a CV with 3 contactable references to Matevhutevhu Sikidi Human Resources. Closing Date: 16 July 2019.
Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street Pretoria
Please note that the company will only consider applications which meet the criteria and preference will be given to people with disabilities or persons from a disadvantaged group. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.