Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
- #BASA22 Awards Winners announced - 13/10/2019
- Celebrating 75 Years of The Glass Menagerie at Artscape - 10/10/2019
- Twist Theatre Development Projects launches new book in Cape Town - 07/10/2019
The new Copyright and Performers Protection Bills are nearly here.
What does this mean for you as a producer?
How does it affect:
* commissioning by broadcasters?
* your intellectual property?
* your contracts with actors?
* obligations to pay royalties on films you’ve already produced?
The IPO has organised a free information session with an expert in the field, Brian Wimpey.
Brian Wimpey studied law at the University of the Witwatersrand and completed his B. Proc. and post-graduate LLB in 1983. He was admitted as an attorney in 1986 and has practised exclusively in intellectual property for 33 years.
Brian was elected as a Fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) in 1991 after passing its specialist exams and was President of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property (SAIIPL) from 2009 to 2010.
Venue: Atlas Studio
Date: 18 April 2019
Tea and coffee will be served.