Join South Africa’s largest non-profit performing arts company in the Fundraising Department!
CAPE TOWN OPERA: JOB POSTING – FUNDRAISER
Cape Town Opera is looking for a Fundraiser for the following portfolios:
- Individual patrons/donors (South African and overseas)
- Corporate Funding (CSI Funding and marketing/sponsorships)
- International Funding (Cultural exchange project funding)
- Trusts and Foundations (National and international trusts and foundations)
- Fundraising special events
Maintain and develop the existing relationship with funders through ongoing communication, whilst ensuring the proper implementation of grant requirements.
- Prospect Research & Cultivation
Ongoing research into new funding sources and securing new funders for CTO locally, nationally and internationally in the above portfolios. Emphasis is placed on developing mutually beneficial relationships between CTO and its funders.
- Proposal Writing & Reporting
Write funding proposals, applications and reports and manage a timeline of submission / reporting dates.
- Fundraising Events
Assist in organizing special events, such as opening night functions, golf day and concerts.
- Previous fundraising experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive, motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- An excellent command of verbal and written English and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Candidate must be professional in manner and appearance
- Proficient in general computer software programmes (Word, Excel, etc)
- A love of and/or interest in opera and the performing arts
- Three year tertiary qualification and at least two years of experience in a related field
The position is full-time, salaried (non-commissionable) and will be based at CTO’s offices at Artscape, Cape Town. Occasional travel within South Africa is required, and there may be opportunities for international travel. Applicants must be legal to work in South Africa.
Application deadline Tuesday 15 November 2016.
For application to the position, please submit:
- A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position
- Your CV (with three contactable references)
- A sample of a funding proposal written by you (maximum 2 pages)
to CTO Human Resource Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes or phone calls please.