David Kramer’s runaway hit musical Langarm enters into its final four weeks at The Fugard Theatre. It must end on 3 March.
The production was extended due to sold-out shows and an overwhelming demand to an incredible fifteen-week run and must now end on 3 March with no further extensions.
Langarm is performed from Wednesday to Saturdays at 20:00 with matinees on Saturday and Sundays at 15:00. Bookings can be made through The Fugard Theatre box office on 021 461 4554 or through The Fugard Theatre’s website at www.thefugard.com
Written and directed by David Kramer and produced and presented by Eric Abraham and The Fugard Theatre, Langarm is a story of love and intrigue set in the story-world of Cape Town’s ballroom dance culture in the 1960s. With the threat of the new apartheid laws hanging over their heads, people will do almost anything to survive.
The rave responses from audiences and critics alike have included comments such as:
- “ [a] blend of warmth, wisdom and wit… a show that could hardly be bettered as entertainment. FOUR STARS’ (Cape Argus)
- “a magical musical and dance journey… Kramer has excelled once again’ (Broadway World)
- ‘pure plesier’ (Die Burger)
- ‘pure Kramer magic…exquisite dancing, fabulous costumes and all-round powerful energy’ (Eat Play Drink)
- “a joyous musical… yet another David Kramer success” (Weekend Special)
- “purely magical… grabs you from curtain lift, to curtain call… more than just a dance. David Kramer is a brilliant storyteller, a fantastic playwright and musical genius” (Bruinou.com)
- “a winner… Langarm has all the ingredients to make it worthy of an international tour.” (Bizcommunity.com)
Langarm has a recommended age advisory of no under 12s.
Langarm runs at The Fugard Theatre until 3 March 2019. Tickets ranging from R150 to R260 can be booked through The Fugard Theatre box office on 021 461 4554 or through The Fugard Theatre’s website at www.thefugard.com. There is a 20% discount available for the Friends of The Fugard members. These discounted tickets can be booked through the box office.