Latest posts by South African State Theatre (see all)
Job Title: Electronics Technician
Reporting to: Senior Maintenance Manager
Salary: Market related
Period: Five years fixed term Contract.
Key performance areas:
- Performs a range of general electrical and electronic work within the State Theatre offices, theatre and other premises to ensure that all electrical and electronic equipment is fully maintained at all times.
- Ensure the overall electrical maintenance of the organisation through:
- Working from wiring diagrams and other engineering drawings.
- Maintain the plans of the building’s electrical reticulation.
- Installs lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Maintains and repairs electrical/electronic fixtures and equipment.
- Remove, dismantle, and overhaul motors or circuit breakers.
- Works to the wiring regulations and company codes.
- Requisitions materials needed.
- Maintain small electrical equipment such as projectors, fans, and other domestic appliances. (Access Control, CCTV, Alarm Systems, Fire System and Electric Fence)
- Uses normal range of electrical hand tools including circuit test equipment.
- Works primarily with voltages up to 220V.
- Maintain the SAST electronic equipment in conjunction with external contractors.
- Performs regular planned electrical / electronic maintenance programmes to ensure a fully operational building and to minimize power outages.
- Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining all electrical equipment and ensure that electrical systems are not overloaded.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic components, parts, equipment and systems, such as computer equipment, control instrumentation, test equipment.
- Applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
Preferred Minimum Education
- N3 or equivalent with 2 years’ relevant experience
- 5 years’ relevant experience
Knowledge, skills and critical competencies
- Working with specialized stage
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for.
Hand deliver or e-mail certified copies of qualifications and a CV with 3 contactable references to Thembi Chauke, Human Resources. Closing Date: 19 July 2019.
Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street, Pretoria
Visit our website www.statetheatre.co.za
Please note that the company will only consider applications which meet the criteria and preference will be given to people with disabilities or persons from disadvantaged group. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.