Latest posts by Soweto Theatre (see all)
- Arts, culture and poetry to end heritage month - 12/09/2019
- Showbiz Entertainment Africa conference comes to Soweto Theatre - 26/08/2019
- Poetic Thursdays wraps up women’s month - 14/08/2019
Branch: Soweto Theatre
Designation: Finance Clerk [REF: FC/19] x 1
Salary: R13 371.55 (plus applicable benefits)
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure the proper management of finances at Soweto Theatre
- Prepare petty cash reconciliation and purchase order requisitions
- Acquire quotations
- Prepare weekly and Monthly invoices
- Ensure that Soweto theatre finances are managed effectively to avoid irregular expenditure
- Administering the tender process for the bid specification meeting until the evaluation of tenders and compilation of submission for approval
- Ensure proper implementation of Preferential Procurement Policy, Supply Chain Management Framework and BBBEE
- Administer skills in planning and ability to maintain an efficient filing system
- Ensure that all processes are free of corruption and that all suppliers have access to provide services for Soweto Theatre
- Disseminate information within the department and provides reports detailing divisional interventions and outcomes
- Ensure that goods and/service are procured in accordance with a system that is fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective
- Follow supply chain processes when procuring any goods at the theatre
- Ensure compliance with the legislature and applicable laws that govern the theatre and public entities.
Education and experience required:
- Grade 12/Matric plus Degree/Diploma in Finance/Public Administration and or Supply Management Qualification
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in supply chain as well as knowledge and understanding of government procurement regulations, MFMA and treasury regulations
- Experience working with small businesses/youth owned businesses in procurement will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Must be familiar with accounting software such as SAGE, PASTEL etc.
- Good communication in English and interpersonal skills.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
Closing date: 31 JANUARY 2019
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.