Salary: Market related
Period: Five years performance based fixed term ContractKey performance Areas:
- To ensure that the theatre is well managed and presentable for the Audience
- Hiring of Front of House Staff
- Managing contractors and sub-contractors
- Compilation of statistics report for senior Management
- Staff development and performance Management including co-ordinating Appraisal
- Manage Inventory
- Manage Staff Scheduling
- Event Planning and Management
- Manage the bar/ run specials/ contests
- Strategic planning for Front of House
- Overseeing all units under Front of house and running the theatre and foyers
- Facilitate meetings with potential clients
- Maintain effective internal communication
- Manage all departmental finances, included revenue generated from sales
Preferred Minimum Education and Experience:
- National Diploma/Degree in Hospitality or Retail Management
- 5 years experience in Hospitality Management or Front of House
- 3 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and critical competencies
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills;
- Knowledge of Theatre management
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Hard working. Diligent with strong attention to detail;
- Sound decision making;
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills; and
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline.
- Leadership skills
- Strong analytical project management
Interested candidates should indicate the position they are applying for.
Hand deliver or e-mail certified copies of qualifications and a CV with 3 contactable references to Ashley Mahlo or Millicent Mopayi, Human Resources.
Closing Date: 04 November 2016.
Hand Deliver: Human Resource Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street Pretoria
Visit our website www.statetheatre.co.za
Please note that the company will only consider applications which meet the criteria and preference will be given to people with disabilities or persons from disadvantaged group. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.