Package: Negotiable depending on experience.
(5-year fixed-term contract)
RE-ADVERTISEMENT (prior respondents need not apply again)
- Provide leadership of the Windybrow Arts Centre and be accountable to the Market Theatre Foundation CEO for its operational performance.
- Convene the management and operational team of the Windybrow Arts Centre and work closely with them.
- Work closely with the Market Theatre Foundation senior management team.
- Be responsible for the strategic review of Windybrow Arts Centre, its artistic and strategic direction, audience development, business efficiency, financial prudence and public accountability.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of Windybrow Arts Centre as a business unit of the Market Theatre Foundation.
- Give direction and leadership towards the achievement of Windybrow Arts Centre as a Pan African focused cultural arts space.
The successful incumbent will have representation on Council meetings, will work under the Market Theatre Foundation CEO and work closely with the Artistic Director and Council to advance the Windybrow Arts Centre as a place of excellence.
PREFERED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate qualification will be an advantage but the minimum qualification is a 3-year qualification preferably in performing arts, arts and culture OR alternatively a relevant degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the performing arts, arts and culture sector and proven ability in the management of staff and resources
- Previous experience of working in a related sector NPO / PBO will be an advantage
- A critical understanding of the context of arts and culture in South Africa and on the African continent
- Proven ability in strategic and financial management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Written and spoken proficiency in English. Proficiency in any other African language will be an advantage.
- Must work well under pressure and with a team
- Passionate, driven and dynamic
Foreign Nationals wishing to apply should be in possession of a valid work permit.
Prospective candidates should email their CV and covering letter in MS Word format with certified copies of their qualifications including three contactable referees to email@example.com. For further queries, please contact Clive H Viveiros on 011 325 5101.
Closing date, 3 February 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
Note: The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to appoint. Correspondence will only be with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.