REMCO is a committee of Council, which is established to assist Council in carrying out its mandate in line with the legislation mentioned above as well other applicable laws and the King IV Code of Good Corporate Governance.
The External Independent Member will be required to provide expert advice on the implementation of the Key Performance Areas (KIP, s) of the HR and REMCO, as outlined in the committee’s Charter.
The Key Performance Areas are:
– Human Resources Strategy, which includes recruitment, development, retention, succession planning and performance management;
– Human Resources Policies;
– Remuneration Strategy;
– Remuneration Policy; and
– General SAST Policies (New and Amendments to existing Policies)
– Compliance with legislation
– Post Graduate Qualification in Human Resources, Labour Law or Business Management.
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in HR Senior Management/Director Level
– Comprehensive knowledge of HR legislation, Organizational Development and Performance Management
– Demonstrate knowledge of Labour laws, HR processes and applications
– Member of SABPP (SA Board for People Practices)
Period of appointment:
– From the date of appointment until 30 May 2022.
– Committee members meet quarterly to carry out their functions according to the HR Work Plan, evaluate management reports and overall organizational performance, generate its own report to Council, and compile the HR section of the SAST’s Annual Report.
Remuneration: As prescribed by the National Treasury.
E-mail or hand deliver applications consisting of a covering letter, application form, CV with 3 contactable referees and certified copies of qualifications to the following addresses:
Hand Delivery: Human Resources Office
The South African State Theatre
320 Pretorius Street
Closing date: 11 April 2019
Visit our website www.statetheatre.co.za to download the application form.
Please note that the SAST will only consider applications which meet the criteria. Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.