A festival doesn’t just happen by accident; there are many thanks to be said, privately and on all public platforms.
To the sponsors – we cannot do it without you:
- Hilton College – for being a sponsor and the gracious host of the event. If the festival had to pay the rent for your magnificent facilities, we would have to close our doors.
- Tiso Blackstar – for being the official media sponsor
- Grindrod Bank – for your generous contribution and high-profile presence over the weekend, thereby profiling the importance of the arts.
- DWR – For providing personnel and equipment of stunning quality; for partnering us in the Thembelihle outreach programme; and for the partnership with BASA.
- Black Coffee Design – for sound and lighting gear, staging and crews to make it all work. And the hours and hours!
- Bidvest Car Rental – for getting actors and tech teams to and from the airport and for making our outreach programmes mobile.
- Extreme Events – for rising to the challenge for the first time and raising the bar.
- To all other sponsors – BASA, the KZN Dept of Arts & Culture, SAB, Redlands Hotel, Sappi, The Maritzburg Sun and Caxton papers, Loud Crowd, RMB and Everard Read Gallery for your generous support of the arts.
- To our partners, Assitej and the Midlands Meander – for adding an extra dimension.
- To all the hidden, but vital support groups: Publicity Matters, Karla van Aswegen, Jonathan Burton and their PR teams; the technical crew, headed by Michael Broderick and who all work ridiculous hours, the Box Office and Front of House team, Broll, Spectrum and Red Alert, Guy Allen of Artisan.
- To every production company, actor, director, musician, designer and stage assistant – thank you for being at the Hilton Arts Festival.
- To the devoted and tireless management team who steered the boat – what a team! what odds! What hard work!
Here’s to 2019 – 13 to 15 September!
For more info visit http://www.hiltonfestival.co.za or like the Facebook page, Hilton Arts Festival. Follow us on Twitter @HiltonFest and Instagram. The 27th annual Hilton Arts Festival will run from 13 to 15 September 2019. Please refer to the website on 1 February 2019 for application details.