Generic front office management and reception services: attend to visitors and deal with enquiries on the phone and face to face. Supply information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers. Filing records management and administrative functions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
– Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
– Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
– Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
– Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook and visitor access
– Provide general administrative and clerical support to MPW
– Prepare correspondence and documents where necessary
– Receive and sort mail and deliveries
– Maintain appointments diary manually or electronically and schedule appointments where necessary
– Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
– Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of an organization
– Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
– Organize conference and meeting room bookings
– Co-ordinate meetings and organize catering
– Monitor and Maintain office equipment
– Control inventory relevant to reception area
– Enable MPW bursary students to develop their roles through the provision of appropriate training, guidance and mentoring together with Administrative Assistant
– Ensure that MPW bursary students abide by the Health and Safety Policy
– Allocation of lockers to MPW students
– Assist administrative assistant with providing information regarding registration, capturing student information on LMS for registration, issuing registration letters
– Develop a strong and healthy relationship with the MPW staff
– Perform ad-hoc duties and any projects or tasks as directed by the Manager: Administration and Operations
Capturing requisitions on Excel after all the signatures have been provided and filing them.
Key Competence Requirements:
– Minimum 2-3years relevant working experience
– Grade 12 (Matric)
– Diploma in Office Admin or equivalent
– Knowledge of Administrative and clerical procedures
– Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
– Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
– People and communication skills
– Ability to work a switchboard
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference number of the post, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 5 April 2019.