The Heritage Education Schools Outreach Programme (HESOP) is an annual event hosted in partnership with the National Film and Video Foundation, (NFVF) National Heritage Council (NHC), Department of Basic Education (DBE), South African National Parks (SANParks) and Brand SA. The purpose of this programme is to the create awareness of heritage and culture within the school curriculum.
The HESOP is a school camp programme that takes place during school holidays and it is targeted at high school learners from different district provincial level.
The event is held at different national parks or heritage sites around South Africa. The 2018 HESOP will be held at Golden Gate Highlands National Park in the Free State Province from 1 to 5 October 2018.
- Create awareness of the importance of cultural and natural heritage.
- Create an information sharing platform for educators, heritage practitioners, environmentalists, departments, practitioners and other stakeholders
- enable participating schools to gain free access to heritage sites and other protected areas in their respective provinces.
Scope of work:
Videography: Filming of the 5-day camp in a documentary format (approximately 43 minutes).
- Cover the various events/preparation/field trips at the camp
- The documentary should also contain comments by participants (learners/judges/teachers/organisers.)
- The format of the documentary:
- Fully scripted (with approximately 10 – 15 minutes of presentation snippets, thus without voice-over/script).
- Voice-over commentary, approximately 30 minutes, with SA-wide usage.
- Packaging and copies – USB presentation cases with full colour box insert, 88 copies. Short and long versions of the documentary on one authored DVD with menu.
- Another 12 copies of the documentaries to be included in the 6-DVD Box along with the prepared presentations (2 DVDs, approximately 180 minutes), camp assignment
- include subtitles
- Presentations (approximately 90 – 120 minutes, thus 1 or 2 DVDs) and photographs (1 x Data DVD) of the entire camp.
A photographer is required to take still photographs and provide on (12 x) USBs – optimised and in photoshop format, large enough for banner and brochure printing.
- The photographs should include pictures of each provincial team as well as an individual portrait of every team member and the teachers; also organisers, the entire group at the event, the prize winners, the judges, VIPs at the prize-giving function and well as photographs of other activities, including field trips.
- The provincial team photographs as well as the individual photographs and a photograph of the entire group that will be in attendance. The photos must be printed and ready to present to each learner on the final evening of the event. (Every learner and teacher must receive his/her own portrait, the team and group photograph)
- approximately 50 postcard size prints – individual photographs
- approximately 50 5 x 7 prints of team photographs
- Approximately 50 x A5 photographs of the entire group.
- All photography to be branded with all project logo and 2018 partners’ logos
- Photographer will be required to send raw photos from the day activities in-between for social media activation.
- Applicant has to be registered on the National Treasury central supplier database and the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) database with a valid tax clearance certificate
- Certified ID copy (valid for 3 months)
- BBBEE certificate
- Company profile
- CIPC documents
Functionality evaluation criteria:
Bidders are required to score a minimum of 80 points on functionality to be considered for price scoring: Functionality evaluation criteria will be as follows.
|1||Does the company have experience in production and photography?||30%|
|2||Experience of key creative members. Provide CVs and portfolio of work in production and videography||20%|
|3||Does your company have a B-BBEE certificate (YES/NO)
Level 1 – 20 points
Level 2 – 15 points
Level 3 – 10 points
Level 4 – 05 points
|4||Does the company have a proven working experience in previously disadvantaged area/s
|5||Does a company have a proven track record of delivery;
|6||Is the company based in Free State Province?
Applicants will be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- must be a South African citizen;
- the company must be 51 per cent black-owned and managed by a black individual;
- have proven experience in working in previously disadvantaged areas;
- must be able to appoint and mentor three students in this project, (preferably the NFVF funded students);
- any small company with a proven track record of delivery
Deadline for submission of quotations and proposals is on Thursday, 13 September 2018.
Submission details addressed to Amukelani Maluleke:
Hand deliveries to physical address:
87 Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg, 2198
Or send an application to email@example.com
For more information, click here.