Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
Jim Jefferies on tour next week – 20 February at Grand Arena in Cape Town and 22 and 23 February at Teatro, Montecasino in Johannesburg.
Australian stand-up comedian, political commentator, actor, and writer Jim Jefferies is one of the best-known names in comedy on the planet. He will be bringing his latest major stand-up comedy tour, The Night Talker Tour, to South Africa this month.
Jefferies has firmly established himself as one of the most popular and respected comedians of his generation, with a controversial and belief-challenging stand-up style that continues to surprise and entertain audiences across the globe.
With a monumental seven comedy specials; his own acclaimed sitcom (Legit) and self-titled late show on TV; sold-out arenas around the world and an hour-plus of brand new material every time he hits the road with a new tour, Jim Jefferies is heading back to South Africa fresh off recording his seventh TV comedy special at the iconic Eventim (formerly Hammersmith) Apollo and a mega tour of the USA, Australia, UK and Europe.
The self-described atheist sells out stadiums and iconic venues globally with hilarious routines spanning subjects such as alcoholism, political satire, celebrities, gun control, religion, and sex.
The indefatigable wordsmith famously has an hour-plus of new material every time he hits the road, and the sheer expectant energy from a Jim Jefferies audience is always electric.
Don’t miss Jim Jefferies – the ‘Night Talker’. We don’t have to tell you this tour will sell out!
- “Fearless, raw, and biting. If Hemingway had a drinking buddy, it would be Jim” Forbes (USA)
- “The ultimate rock star – wildly witty, insanely entertaining and incessantly unremorseful” BEAT Magazine (AUS)
- “Brutally honest humour” – The Evening Standard (UK)
- “An hour of comedy that increasingly finds a beautiful balance between the jagged and the shrewd, the vicious and the vulnerable” – The Times (UK)
- “His fertile and twisted imagination not just crosses a line but gleefully barrels past it, a vodka pineapple in one hand, a middle finger flailing with the other… utterly brilliant” – New Times Palm Beach (USA)