The Playhouse Company situated in Durban is looking to fill the position of Marketing Manager.
Key performance areas include:
- Overall development of a Marketing strategy and budget for the institution,
- Devising and executing marketing, media and publicity campaigns for productions,
- Directing a team of employees toward the attainment of the objectives of the Marketing
- Plan, specifically direct sales,
- Managing the activities of FOH & Box Office staff,
- Ensuring that the Marketing Plan is carried out within the established budgetary parameters,
- Management reporting on all activities of the Marketing Department (Internal Audit, Risk
- Assessments, Monthly management reporting),
- Develop and drive Fundraising and Sponsorship initiatives,
- Managing all corporate advertising.
Skills and Competencies:
- MS Office Suite
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Spoken and written knowledge of the IsiZulu language (Preferable)
- Finance and Budgetary Control,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration, planning and organizing skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a marketing department in the
- Performing Arts or related environment, 2-3 of which should be in a management/supervisory role.
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing or related discipline
- A proven track record in converting Marketing strategies into direct sales
- Experience in Fundraising
- Broad-based knowledge and understanding of the media environment
This Job Specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and therefore is not intended as an exhaustive list.
By applying for this position you consent in terms of Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPI) to your personal information being obtained; utilised and stored by the company.
Candidates from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested people are invited to apply by logging onto http://www.playhousecompany.com and use the Company Job Portal (under “About”- “Careers”) by no later than Thursday, 19 June 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In the event that you are not contacted within three weeks of submitting your application, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”