Latest posts by Joburg Theatre (see all)
- Joburg Zoo Festival of lights and night market - 12/09/2019
- Shakespeare Schools Festival on now at Joburg Theatre - 10/09/2019
- Naga ya Fsa – the country is burning - 05/09/2019
Joburg City Theatres. Ref: LCS/2019
Salary: R25 876.88 pm excluding benefits.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Draft and evaluate, negotiate and execute legal contracts
- Draft and Review of Service level agreements for Supply Chain Management and undertaking regular contract reviews for the company
- Prepare briefs for litigation matters assigned to external lawyers for advice and following up on resolution therefore
- Record and maintain Company secretarial and governances compliance related Board Resolutions
- Serve as the point of contact for various departments in the organisation on legal and contractual matters and maintaining contractual records and documentation, such as receipt and control of contract correspondence
- Provide legal advice on all contractual and other legal matters
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy and legislation applicable to JCT as a municipal entity and company
- Provide legal advice in the development of company policies and/ or where appropriate contribute or influence the development of company policies
- Ensure contract close-out, extensions or renewals
- Report to the Group and the Board of directors including its subcommittees on compliance; following up on compliance related matters and writing compliance reports
- Monitor compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act, all relevant legation applicable to the JCT as a Company and Municipal Entity
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and ensure the company’s records are always accurately kept by CIPC and other relevant statutory bodies which JCT is/ shall be required to comply with.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Arts Law
- 3 to 5 years of practical work experience as a Contracts Manager/Legal Manager/ Specialist in a legal or contracts department. Preference will be given to candidates who are Admitted Attorneys of the High Court of South Africa.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
Closing date: 30 August 2019
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 3 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.