“They’re in it together. Not Together-Together, But Together…”
Comedy’s modern traditionalist and the bad momma of comedy – Ndumiso Lindi and Tumi Morake – are taking their rib-cracking, hilarious new stand-up show, ‘Married…But Not To Each Other’ across South Africa and into Africa. Following successful shows in Pretoria, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Mafikeng and Botswana, new dates have been added in Port Elizabeth, Krugersdorp, Durban, Secunda and Nelspruit.
Whilst travelling together on a comedy adventure, Ndumiso Lindi and Tumi Morake were asked by a customs official: “Are you married?” Ndumiso quickly replied: “Yes”, realised what he was saying and added: “But not to each other.” And thus, began the comical journey for this wife and husband of other people.
The show is a hilarious take on the roles and regulations of marriage and the pothole-laced roads the sexes have to navigate. It’s not just about marriage. It is about the world that these marriages have to survive in.
Ndumiso Lindi, the gentleman of South African comedy, otherwise known as Roosta, effortlessly blends new-age style with old-school traditions. His deep voice, soul-warming smile, booming laughter, original content and seamless delivery makes for a comedy act that is outstanding and soulfully South African.
With a comedy career spanning over 11 years and numerous outstanding credentials under her belt, Tumi Morake continues to be a formidable force in the comedy industry. Her edgy and unpredictable brand of comedy has wowed audiences around the globe. When she’s not on stage, Tumi Morake can also be seen on TV screens hosting WTFTUMI and Point of Order as well as her channelling her talents into writing, acting and producing.
- 3 March – Protea Hotel Fire & Ice (Menlyn)
- 9 March – Protea Hotel Fire & Ice (Cape Town) [SOLD OUT]
- 10 March – Protea Hotel Fire & Ice (Cape Town) [SOLD OUT]
- 14 April – Lyric Theatre, Gold Reef City (Johannesburg)
- 5 May – The Grand Palm Hotel (Gaborone, Botswana)
- 25 May – Mmabatho Palms Resort (Mafikeng, North West) [SOLD OUT]
- 30 June – The Boardwalk Casino (Port Elizabeth)
- 6 July – Silverstar Casino (Krugersdorp)
- 21 July – Sibaya Casino (Durban)
- 3rd August – Graceland Casino (Secunda, Mpumalanga)
- 4th August – Emnotweni Casino (Nelspruit)
Tickets are available through Computicket. Visit www.computicket.com or at a Computicket outlet near you. ‘Married…But Not To Each Other’ carries a PG16 age restriction.
Proudly brought to you by Blu Blood (www.blublood.com / @BluBloodSA).