National Children’s Theatre (NCT), South Africa’s only resident children’s theatre organisation, is now a beneficiary of the MySchool / MyVillage / MyPlanet programme.
The primary objectives of NCT are to REACH OUT TO ALL CHILDREN: we are committed to transforming lives and inspiring the formerly disadvantaged. We …
- Produce quality professional productions (yearly Naledi nominations and frequent award winners) that are mounted in our professional theatre and go on tour to schools locally and nationally to rural areas
- Showcase Literary Classics as well as foster local content: continuously producing professional productions in line with world standards and at the same time seeking out local writers writing about South African issues
- Produce thoughtful educational theatre: Benefits for schools and outreach programs in areas such as sugar daddies and bullying
- Provide opportunities for children to learn: the basics of singing, dancing, acting and physical theatre and to appear in plays and musicals
- Reach out to being truly national: ever extending our reach through visits to rural areas so that children in those areas can see theatre as it should be done (often for the first time!
- Provide a wide range of opportunities for children: inviting them to participate in NCT offerings on bursaries (15-20% of children attending workshops and holiday camps come free of charge); we also invite children’s homes, orphanages, creches, nursery schools, primary schools, Schools for the hearing impaired, Children of Fire, and not forgetting Old Age Homes and retirement villages, all to attend our shows.
- Benefits for the job market: explore with children the vast range of jobs available at all levels in the theatre industry.
Moira Katz, CEO of National Children’s Theatre says, “We are delighted to announce that we have recently been made a beneficiary of the MySchool / MyVillage / MyPlanet programme,” If you sign up to the MySchool Programme, every time you purchase items from participating retailers such as Woolworths, Engen, Quick Shops and Bidvest Waltons, or if you shop online at loot.co.za, NCT receives a donation from the company.”
With every purchase, 1.5% of your spend is allocated to NCT (and paid over every month). This sum helps us to continue our efforts in providing much needed support and help in educating our youth. And it costs you nothing! Woolworths and other organisations that are enrolled in the programme look on these sums as part of their CSI.
SIGNING UP IS FREE! Please make the NCT your beneficiary of choice – https://www.myschool.co.za/supporter/apply If you already have a My School Card and wish to make NCT one of your chosen beneficiaries (and will share your allocation), please follow this link – https://www.myschool.co.za/supporter/transactions to update your details.
NCT is a National Children’s theatre which empowers children through theatre. Follow NCT on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Childrens-Theatre/290787134397206 Tumblr: http://nationalchildrenstheatre-blog.tumblr.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/NCTParktown Instagram: https://instagram.com/nct_parktown /