Bringing powerful learning experiences to children!
Come and join National Children’s Theatre (NCT) workshops for ages 7 to 17, classes are held every Saturday morning during the school term. These classes are open to all children who are motivated to learn, grow, and explore the world of theatre and the expressive arts. The program is ongoing, with year-round training designed to give children opportunities and experiences that help build their self-confidence and self-esteem, and teaches them about live theatre, both on stage and behind the scenes, and prepares them to better face the challenges of the adult world ahead.
ABOUT THEATRE WORKSHOPS
- Term 1: 19 January to 9 March 2019
- Times: Every Saturday morning from 9:00-12:00 during government school term\
- Children are grouped by age: Group 1: 7-9, Group 2: 10-11 Group 3: 12-13 and Group 4: 14-17 years
- Syllabus includes dancing, acting, singing and physical theatre
- NCT’s highly experienced, dedicated and specialist teachers facilitate the workshops
- Children rotate from class to class
- Refreshments are supplied between classes
- Some bursaries are available (speak to Claudy)
- Last day of term parents are invited to support their young thespians by observing them in action.
Parents, here is your chance to enrol your children in these unique, challenging, innovative, stimulating and fun classes. There is no better way for a youngster to spend a Saturday morning! Through these classes children are encouraged to develop their leadership skills, strengthening their interpersonal skills, communication skills, powers of expression, and are inspired to discover their unknown potential.
We are excited to announce that we have a new Director of Arts Education: Coba-Maryn Wilsenach holds a Masters degree in Drama from the University of Cape Town. She is an award-winning theatre actress and has 15 years experience in teaching theatre and performance. She has taught locally and internationally and was the senior drama teacher at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls. She will be in charge of the NCT’s educational program, special events and outreach projects. We are excited to have her on board and share her passion for theatre and education with us.
Venue: National Children’s Theatre, 3 Junction Avenue, Parktown, Johannesburg
For more details contact the theatre and speak to Claudy on 011 484 1584 or email@example.com.