The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry. We do this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers. In addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.The NFVF invites interested applicants who meet the criteria to apply for the following vacancy:Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reporting to: NFVF Council
Job Ref: RECR/CEO/002
Position Status: Fixed Term ContractJob Purpose
The position of the Chief Executive Officer will be to develop and oversee the strategy of the NFVF. To direct, lead and manage the NFVF in its strategic growth and operations path, to deliver on the mandate of the NFVF. To set the vision, mission, and objectives of the NFVF and oversee the implementation thereof. Key performance areas:
- Develop and implement the NFVF strategy through consultation with the Heads of Department.
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including shareholders, funders, inter-governmental agencies and partners, locally and internationally.Monitoring of budget expenditure and compliance with PFMA, Treasury Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure NFVF is financially resourced and that resources are effectively managed.
- Oversee the sourcing of alternative funding and the development of strategies to approach funders and submitting of proposals.Manage key stakeholder relations and engage them on a strategic level.
- Act as the Link between the NFVF and the Council, and oversee all council matters in the Office of the CEO.
- Ensure that the organisational structure is aligned with the needs of the NFVF.
- Oversee the management and delivery of programs and ensure programs are aligned with the strategy and mandate of the NFVF.
- Implement stringent project management.
- Post Graduate degree in Business Management or related required.
- 8-10 years relevant management experience on a Senior/Executive Management level.
- Public Sector and Film Industry experience is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, GRAP standards, PPPFA and Public Finance and Governance.
- Project Management
- Financial Mangement
- People Management
- Planning and Organising
- Control and Monitoring
- Stakeholder management
- Business Acumen
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Customer Focused
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strategic Thinking and alignment
- Film and Video Industry
- Organisational Legislation
The successful candidate will be subject to a competency-based assessment as well as security vetting processes. Certified copies of educational qualifications must be made available. Open: 1 July 2018
Deadline: 16 July 2018Suitably qualified and experienced candidates who wish to apply must forward their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com no later than 16 July 2018 quoting the relevant reference number.Note: Correspondence will be made only to the shortlisted candidates and no late applications will be considered.It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).