The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg is inviting applications from cultural and social start-up ventures for Hub@Goethe’s second intake commencing in September 2018 for six months. Hub@Goethe is a creative co-working space situated in the Goethe-Institut Johannesburg’s innovative Library-Gamebox-Hub. In addition to a dedicated, fully equipped work space with high-speed Internet connection and meeting facilities, selected entrepreneurs, who will become ‘hubbers’ can expect the following:
- Mentorship programme – a tailored small business development programme that includes one-on-one mentorship with creative industry experts, weekly peer-to-peer feedback and review sessions and a design thinking and lean start-up bootcamp.
- Community – Hub@Goethe aims to build a cultural start-up community in Johannesburg, South Africa and internationally. Hubbers will be part of like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators who will be ready to share ideas, provide motivation and help one another to find solutions to common challenges.
- Networking – Hubbers will get an opportunity to plan and host monthly ‘Imagination Night’ events where they pitch their business idea to an audience of Goethe-Institut partners, contacts, the media and the general public in addition to other opportunities.
- Library – Located in a library, Hub@Goethe has a growing collection of small business development resources which hubbers will have access to. The Gamebox will be available to hubbers for virtual reality gaming experience and to explore gamification of their start-ups.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Only entrepreneurs running start-up ventures that are cultural or have a strong social relevance need apply. Entrepreneurs must be above the age of 18 and be able to commit to working from the hub at least three days in a week.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed via Email and will be required to attend an interview in the month of July. The interview will include a 5-10 minute pitch on their start-up venture.
- Selected candidates will be notified by the 30th of July. The programme will commence on the 1st of September 2018.
Application deadline: 29 June 2018. Click here to apply.
Share this opportunity on social media: