Branch: Soweto Theatre
Designation: Public Relations Liaison: Soweto Theatre x 1
Salary: R20 000pm (CTC) – Negotiable based on proven experience
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Overseeing the management of all aspects of the theatre’s day-to-day public relations activities which includes the effective distribution of marketing material to media houses and the securing of media interviews for productions
– Liaising with media houses about the theatre as an entertainment destination
– Develop public relations plans and campaigns that support the theatre’s strategy, audience development objectives and Hospitality
– Develop and maintain a positive theatre brand reputation both in-house and externally
– Writing and/or coordinating all press releases to be submitted for approval by the GM
– Manage Public Relations activities for all productions as identified by the GM and the Marketing department
– Collate all media coverage for reporting in the weekly reports and filing in close out reports for each production
– Creating and maintaining a harmonious, efficient and service-orientated relationship with the theatre’s tenants, co-producers, show publicists and media partners and/or their representatives.
– Build and maintain excellent working relationships with all relevant external media stakeholders on behalf of Soweto Theatre
– Be capable of monitoring and coordinating the measurement of all return on public relations activities. ROI
Education and experience required:
An advanced certificate or degree (NQF Level 7) with majors in Marketing/Media Relations/Journalism/Public Relations Management and/or 10 years as a publicist for known major firms/brands. Public Relations Management experience should include having worked with media houses, bloggers, radio stations and other media practitioners as well as having played a public relations role in the implementation of a major event or brand
– Good communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
– Computer Literacy
– Willingness to work overtime and on weekends.
This is a 6-months fixed term contract based in Soweto and candidate will be required to report to the office daily.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via e-mail to: email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
Closing date: 18 JANUARY 2019
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.