On Saturday morning’s edition of Saturday’s Role With Reno, host Renos Spanoudes spoke to Jessica Glendinning about the Arts & Culture Trust and the 20th Annual Arts & Culture Trust Awards.
Arts & Culture Trust (ACT).
The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) is South Africa’s premier independent arts and culture funding and development agency.
ACT is the oldest arts funding agency in democratic South Africa. Since 1994 it has advanced its position towards becoming a self-sustaining perpetual Fund for the continued development of arts and culture. ACT’s programmes offer a low-cost high-impact proposition for businesses wanting to achieve their Corporate Social Investment (CSI), BEE or marketing objectives within the arts and culture sector. The Trust’s model has seen it disburse more than R22 million over the past 22 years. ACT has also reached a degree of operational sustainability and sponsors and philanthropists can rest assured in knowing that their valuable contribution to the Trust Fund directly benefits South African artists and organisations.
ACT is thrilled to announce the following Lifetime Achievement Award Winners for 2017:
- Arts Advocacy (sponsored by Creative Feel Magazine) Lindiwe Mabuza
- Dance (sponsored by JT International) Adele Blank
- Visual Arts (sponsored by Nedbank Arts Affinity) Basil Jones and Adrian Kohler of The Handspring Puppet Company
- Music (sponsored by South African Music Rights Organisation [SAMRO]) Dorothy Masuka
- Literature (sponsored by Dramatic Rights and Literary Organisation [DALRO]) James Matthews
Listen to Renos’ interview with Jessica Glendinning here:
Tune in to Saturday’s Role With Reno: O Rolos Tou Savattou Me Ton Reno, Saturday mornings on The New Pan Hellenic Voice – Greek Community Radio 1422MW from 8am to 11am