Latest posts by Artsvark Podcasts (see all)
- Renos chats to Joelle Rochecouste about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - 19/10/2019
- Renos chats to Zak Hendrikz about Rock of Ages - 19/10/2019
- Renos chats to Nataniël about When Giants Waltz - 19/10/2019
On Saturday morning’s edition of Saturday’s Role With Reno, host Renos Spanoudes spoke to Karin Gerber about the South African tour of the St. Florianer Saengerknaben.
The convent St. Florian located in the heart of Austria (between the music metropolis’ Vienna and Salzburg) is not only one of Austria’s most magnificent baroque structures, but is also one of the most significant cultural centres. Founded in 1071 the St. Florian Boys’ Choir is one of the Boys’ Choirs with the most tradition in the world. The famous composer Anton Bruckner, who was buried under “his” organ in the convent cathedral, also emanated from the Boys’ Choir, as did numerous other great musicians.
St. Florianer Saengerknaben – Austrian Boys Choir SA Tour 2019
- DURBAN – 3 September – Deutsche Schule
- WARTBURG – 9 September – Kirchdorf Church Hall
- DRAKENSBURG BOYS CHOIR – 11 September (Joint concert)
- AUGSBURG – 13 September – Ev Lutheran Church
- JOHANNESBURG – 15 September – St Bonifatius Randburg
- PRETORIA – 17 September – St Paulus Arcadia
- CAPE TOWN – 19 September – St Martini Church
Listen to the interview with Karin Gerber here:
Tune in to Saturday’s Role With Reno: O Rolos Tou Savattou Me Ton Reno, Saturday mornings on The New Pan Hellenic Voice – Greek Community Radio 1422MW from 8 am to 11 am