The Sibikwa Arts Centre, located in Benoni, seeks an articulate and professional Communication, Marketing and Public Relations administrator to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image. The successful candidate will be a passionate and results driven individual with outstanding communication skills, an established industry network, able to grasp consumer behaviour trends and generate creative ideas and be well-versed in specialised marketing concepts.
You will be adept at forging collaborative and productive partnerships, be solution orientated and bring energy, commitment and fresh ideas to Sibikwa.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work evenings, weekends and public holidays; and must be willing to travel.
– Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
– Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
– Coordinate all public relations activities
– Manage and maintain the company’s website
– Direct the Sibikwa team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
– Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
– Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
– Analyse marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
– General administration including management of the press budget.
– Managing social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
– Writing press releases and distributing them to the media.
– Copy writing including blog posts and feature articles.
– Manage media inquiries and interview requests
– Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
– Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
– Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
– Initiate international industry contacts and partnerships in order to create placement opportunities for Sibikwa product.
– Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
– Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
– Five years of proven experience as a communications, PR & marketing specialist or similar role
– Proven track record designing and executing successful PR & marketing campaigns at both a local and national level
– Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
– Exceptional writing and editing skills
– Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
– Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
– Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
– Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools desired
– Well-organised and detail oriented
– Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
– BA in marketing, communications or equivalent
Send your C.V. together with a motivational letter to email@example.com before 22 January 2019.