Latest posts by Joburg Theatre (see all)
The Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatres.
Branch: Joburg Theatre
Designation: Stage Crew
Salary: R11 720.74 per month (basic salary excluding applicable benefits)
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with production move-in-and-out as it relates to props and scenery
- Assist with the loading and offloading of trucks
- Perform (basic) repair functions related to stage equipment
- Serve as Stage Crew on all in-house productions and co-productions, responsible to the Technical Manager through the senior Stage Technician
- Operate any stage equipment within theatre when needed
- Report all mechanical faults to the maintenance department and ensure that they are rectified in time
- Interpret Stage design and implement
- Inspect equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects – Study the script and consult with the director to assess what is required
- Ensure general cleanliness on the stage, side stages and other facilities and in order for productions
- Ensure that NO hazards exists on stage
- Set up and operate stage equipment
- Enforce health and safety regulation
- Inspect hanging gear and make sure that it is safe to use and in good repair
- Ensure that scenery bars are in good working order and meets the required safety standards
- Ensure safety cables are attached to all hanging gear.
- Grade 12
- A minimum of 3 years practical work experience in theatre environment
- Experience in scenery and set building and/or carpentry
- Physical strength to lift heavy equipment’s is required
- Good communication in English.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter and detailed CV, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via e-mail to: email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
Closing date: 5 September 2019
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Please ensure that applications are accompanied by certified copies of qualifications as per job requirements. Certified copy of Identity document is a prerequisite. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.