Assist the technician with theatre responsibilities with the maintenance of equipment, assist with sourcing and purchasing of materials needed for the theatre. The assistant will support educators and students in achieving learning goals within the scope of the theatre and other related venues. He/she will assist in the safe operation and maintenance of theatre lighting, sound, rigging, video projection and related equipment and systems used in support of staging. Liaise with productions and market lab administration on production requirements, assist with scheduling at the theatre and provide assistance on stage management for public and student productions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
– Carry out tasks assigned by the theatre technician
– Manage and organise theatre space, storerooms and green room
– Assist in maintaining equipment and sourcing of maintenance material
– Assist with theatre maintenance, productions and archiving reports
– Basic admin
– Be on site to assist with technical emergencies or issues as required
– Assist in stage management
– Perform other related duties as required to address theatre needs and changing theatre practices
Key Competence Requirements:
– Minimum Grade 12 (Matric)
– Certificate in basic theatre / technical training
– Basic understanding of stage management
– Understanding technical operation, programming and rigging (sound and lightning)
– An interest in the world of theatre and a good awareness of the industry and its workings
– Basic administrative skills
– Computer literacy
– Good communication skills
– Must be willing to work extra hours and on weekends
– Ability to handle pressure
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to email@example.com
Please indicate the reference number of the post, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe at 011 832 1641.
The closing date for this position is 12 April 2019.