The Playhouse Company is holding auditions for performers from community individuals who would like to be considered for this year’s Community Arts Mentorship Programme (CAMP), which will take place between 4 February – 23 March 2019.
“As an institution we are privileged to be afforded such an opportunity through funding from the Department of Arts and Culture’s Incubator Programme which enables us to hone the raw talents of our community based artists by assisting them to learn from the very best in the country and take what they have learnt to plough back to their communities,” said CEO & Artistic Director of The Playhouse Company, Ms Linda Bukhosini.
Those actors who are accepted into the programme will participate in daily workshops that focus on basic training in a range of drama disciplines, some of which include voice production, acting technique, script writing and stage management, etc.
Daily commitment is required in order to take part and only 18-35 years will be auditioned. The subject line of the email should read 2018 CAMP Auditions. Auditions will be held on Wednesday 23 January and callbacks on Thursday 24 January 2019.
To book candidates are to call Arts Coordinator Kipi Skweyiya 031 369 9463 on Friday 18 January and Monday, 21 January (ONLY) during office hours between 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 (no voicemail messages will be returned).
Please take note of the following:
- Start time of audition: 09:00;
- Durban Venue: Playhouse Studio A1 (Playhouse Head Office, Acutt Street)
- Each candidate will be given five minutes each to audition. Walk-ins will not be entertained; candidates might be expected to wait for their audition;
- Please bring a headshot or full-length photograph, as well as a resume with you to your audition;
- Candidates should arrive at least 30 minutes before their audition time.