The Playhouse Company, situated in Durban, is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Arts Coordinator.
Reporting to the Arts Manager, the successful applicant, will be responsible for the following;
- Co-ordinating of full production: planning, management, coordination and financial control of a production/ season;
- Oversee the drawing up of contracts for artists and artistic team
- Maintaining a database of artists;
- Reviewing and providing critical feedback on productions;
- Co-ordinating of all logistical, contractual and administrative issues related to the portfolio;
- Submitting of weekly and monthly reports.
In addition to having a proven track record in the abovementioned functions, the successful applicant will have to be in possession of the following;
- A relevant qualification in Speech & Drama/ Dance, performing arts or related;
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience in co-ordinating similar projects/ events in the Performing Arts;
- Advanced level of computer literacy (MS Office);
- Excellent track record in budgeting, administration, planning & organising;
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision;
- Attention to detail is imperative.
If you are a hard worker with good administration and business management skills, good negotiation and interpersonal skills, coupled to being energetic with a commitment to maintaining high standards of moral and ethical behaviour, please submit your application along with a detailed CV to the HR Assistant, Phumzile Mkhize, at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, 22 January 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In the event that you are not contacted within three weeks of submitting your application, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”