As Theatre Technician, you will be responsible for operating and performing maintenance of technical equipment as well as systems used at Sibikwa. The duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Setting up and operating lighting, audiovisual equipment and other production related technical requirements in all venues, like microphones, projectors, speakers, video monitors, video screens, sound and mixing boards, editing console, connecting wires and cables etc.
2. Installing and adjusting fixed and mobile electronic equipment.
3. Ensuring that equipment is in working condition.
4. Reporting broken or damaged equipment needing repair or replacement.
5. Ensuring that the venues meet the requirements of legislation such as health and safety and licensing laws and safeguarding children arrangements.
6. Supporting with setup, moving sets, rostra, etc. and other allocated duties for Sibikwa Festivals and events.
7. Supporting with driving services for learner and performer groups, sets and other training and event-related collections and deliveries.
8. Attending staff, project and production meetings.
9. Any other duties which may occur to ensure the smooth running of Sibikwa.
As Storeroom Manager you will be responsible for managing resources and systems along with various duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
1. Looking after Sibikwa instruments, costumes, props and other resources.
2. Keeping the storerooms clean and in order.
3. Maintaining storeroom restrictions with regard to access.
4. Supporting with stock taking and managing asset registers.
5. Keeping strict systems in place for requisitions and the use of Sibikwa resources, ensuring that all teachers/facilitators/others requisitioning Sibikwa resources complete and sign a requisition form on taking out and returning resources, and recording on the requisition form any resources returned short or damaged.
6. Reporting missing or broken resources to the Sibikwa Administrator.
7. Assisting with preparing instruments and venues for Saturday training programme.
8. Communicating with Sibikwa Projects Manager, on any matters arising in relation to the Saturday programme.
9. Supporting Sibikwa staff and guests with storeroom requests and other allocated duties related to events at Sibikwa.
10. Any other duties which may occur to ensure the smooth running of Sibikwa.
– Attention to detail
– Flexible towards working hours dependent on shows and other activities
– Use initiative to make decisions
– Excellent verbal and written communication ability
– Ability to identify and resolve problems timeously and accurately
– Balanced and mature behavioural profile
– Ability to work under pressure and put in extra effort to meet tight deadlines
– Energetic and self-motivated
– Driver’s License with PDP
– 2-3 Years Storeroom or Venue Management Experience
– Strong Admin and Organisational skills
– Communication skills
– Computer Literate
– Ability to work with numbers
If the above describes you, then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 June 2019. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.