The seventh edition of the Turbine Art Fair will take place from 11 to 14 July 2019.
Turbine Art Fair (TAF) is an established highlight on South Africa’s arts calendar and South Africa’s largest art fair by audience number. More importantly, TAF is the African epicentre of emerging art, the champion of the ‘next great’. It is world class, yet accessible and reasonably affordable. TAF powers the imaginations of early-stage collectors, launch the careers of emerging artists and boost young galleries. Our aim is to educate, entertain and sell, and ultimately our vision is to “Inspire”.
Exhibitors whether galleries, collectives or dealers are invited to exhibit contemporary artwork priced below R50 000 incl. VAT. Individual artists will be able to participate either as part of a collective or by applying to one of the special projects.
TAF18 is a notable event and all applications will be carefully considered by the curatorial committee to ensure compliance with the core values of the fair and its organisers.
EXHIBITOR SELECTION CRITERIA
Two-stage process: Compliance then Selection
– Galleries only, under 8 years of age
– If over 8 years of age – only allowed to show emerging artists (less than 8 years in the market)
Selection criteria (scorecard):
– Gallery stature and programme
– Coherence of project
– Booth design
– New works, not previously shown in a gallery or fair (first showcase)
– Quality of artworks
– Artist potential, promise
– Exhibitor profile/gallery Mission Statement
– Motivation to participate in TAF19
– Proposed artists
– Images of proposed artists work and list of image specifications submitted. For the purposes of the application process, low res images may be submitted.
Please take note:
– Consideration of the R50 000 incl. VAT upper price limit of artwork must be respected.
– The selection committee will consider the suitability of the proposed work both individually as well as how the exhibitor may bring the work together to create a cohesive, curated exhibition.
– The selection committee and organisers reserve the right to offer applicants a stand conditional upon the exclusion of certain artwork.
– During the course of build-up, prior to the opening of the fair, the organisers and committee reserve the right to remove any work they deem unsuitable or instruct an exhibitor to leave their stand, should the exhibitor not comply with the pre-approved application.
Applications can be made through the online submission form: http://www.turbineartfair.co.za/applications/
Application deadline: 22 February 2019.