Latest posts by Playhouse Company (see all)
- Glittering festive fare for The Playhouse - 22/10/2019
- Auditions for 2019 Okwethu Community Arts Festival - 13/09/2019
- Vacancy for an Arts Coordinator at The Playhouse Company - 05/09/2019
The Playhouse Company, situated in Durban, is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Arts Coordinator. Reporting to the Arts Manager, the successful applicant, will be responsible for the following;
- Co-ordinating of full production: planning, management, coordinating and financial control of a production/season;
- Oversee the drawing up of contracts for artists and artistic team;
- Maintaining a database of artists;
- Reviewing and providing critical feedback on productions;
- Co-ordinating of all logistical, contractual and administrative issues related to the portfolio;
- Submitting of weekly and monthly reports.
In addition to having a proven track record in the abovementioned functions, the successful applicant will have to be in possession of the following;
- A relevant qualification in Speech & Drama/Dance, performing arts or related
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience in co-ordinating similar projects/ events in the Performing Arts;
- Advanced level of computer literacy (MS Office);
- Proven track record in budgeting, administration, planning & organising;
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision;
If you are a hard worker, coupled to being energetic with a commitment to maintaining a high standard of work, please apply using the Company Job Portal (in “About”→ “Careers” then follow the instructions) by no later than 13 September 2019.
By applying for this position you consent in terms of Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPi) to your personal information being obtained; utilised and stored by the company
Candidates from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In the event that you are not contacted within three weeks of submitting your application, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”