The Market Photo Workshop is looking for a courses and training coordinator:
Business Unit: Market Photo Workshop – Coordinator Courses and Training
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to student recruitment processes and policies
- Assist in identifying and contracting trainers (identifying skills and expertise relevant to the curriculum)
- Engage with photography course outlines and curriculum documents to ensure ongoing relevance and appropriateness
- Contribute to photography content development of curriculum and learning and teaching support material
- Manage courses staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of courses (training, tutoring, logistics, material and equipment, trouble shooting, additional support for students, and administration) – Participate in curriculum and course review and evaluation (during and after courses, and in administration, and in annual curriculum review meeting)
- Manage any courses
- related projects (aligned with curriculum outcomes)
- Monitor and report on course assessment
- Monitor and report on course evaluation
Key Competence Requirements
- Relevant degree or diploma (Photography, Visual arts, Media, Journalism)
- Minimum 2-year experience within learning and teaching environment and demonstrable leadership potential
- A good well- informed understanding of photography in South Africa, Africa and globally
- Experience of working at an education and training NGO or similar organisation would be an advantage
- Good communication, Archiving, Writing skills
- Excellent computer skills – both MAC and PC, good knowledge and understanding of PhotoShop, Internet research, E-mail
- Work well under pressure
- Committed to excellence in and relevance of photography education in South Africa
- Passionate, driven and dynamic
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via fax: 011 834 4311 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may be directed to Perpetua Mathsa at 011 832 1641.
Reference, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted.
Should you not hear from us with 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 20 January 2017.