Market Photo Workshop Media and Publicity Officer: Six months fixed term contract.
The Market Theatre Foundation invites applications from young graduates qualifying in the Media and Publicity sector to apply for the position of a Media and Publicity Officer reporting to the Public Programmes and Development Manager at the Market Photo Workshop. The position is a six months fixed term contract.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Successful conceptualisation, planning, implementation, and review of media of the Photo Workshop including design elements.
- Ensure the Market Photo Workshop, its courses and projects are well publicised in media, including on social media platforms. Ensure the website is developed to agreed standards and regularly updated. Develop plans and strategies in support of projects assigned. Updated reports of media are kept. Ensure the Market Photo Workshop grows its network of partners to benefit both courses and projects.
Key Competence Requirements
- Relevant diploma qualification – in media or marketing.
- Experience in photography related practices Advanced knowledge and skill on Adobe Suite (e.g. Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media and publicity coordination and media strategy development. Excellent and professional communication skills to deal with external stakeholders and media. Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Excellent writing and information gathering skills.
- Complement the skills set of the Market Photo Workshop team. Work well under pressure. Experience of working with an NGO will be an advantage. Knowledge/understanding of graphic design, computer skills in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Flash and basic programming skills, will be an advantage. A critical awareness of the nature and role of photography, and of the training and development landscape. Passionate, driven and dynamic.
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via fax: 011 834 4311 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may be directed to Perpetua Mathsa at 011 832 1641
Reference, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted
Should you not hear from us with 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful
The closing date for this position 10 August 2018.