Latest posts by Playhouse Company (see all)
- Auditions for 2019 Okwethu Community Arts Festival - 13/09/2019
- Vacancy for an Arts Coordinator at The Playhouse Company - 05/09/2019
- The Playhouse Company’s Iscathamiya Competition - 21/08/2019
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- To liaise with, the Artistic Director and Designers regarding the initial planning and conceptualisation of a production;
- To draw up technical schedules, budgets, get quotes, and pre-approve overtime in conjunction with Technical Manager;
- To complete coordination of all aspects of a production, including continuous liaison with the Director of the show, the Designer of the show Technical Manager, keeping within and creating budgets, adhering to pre-approved overtime for lighting, sound, stage management, workshops, stage crew and cast;
- Liaise with Mayville and Workshop Manager to ensure that the sets are constructed timeously and per design;
- The monitoring and organising of transport and loading/off- loading of all stage sets and props until they have been set up;
- To exercise control over stage management and crew allocated to relevant department;
- To exercise control over all costs incurred.
The suitable incumbent should be able to demonstrate that they meet the following minimum criteria;
- Qualifications & Experience:
- Be in possession of a Matric;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Theatre Technology or the Performing Arts, and/or 5- 10 years theatre experience in Stage Management;
- A good working knowledge of Lighting, Sound and or Décor building will be an advantage;
- Management/Supervisory experience is essential;
- Skills and Competencies:
- Computer Literacy-MS office at intermediate level;
- Good verbal and written communication (excellent business report writing);
- Organised and able to meet deadlines,
- Attention to details;
- Functions effectively and independently and able to take leadership role in a team;
- Good Financial Acumen.
This Job Specification indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the position and therefore is not intended as an exhaustive list.
By applying for this position, you consent in terms of Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPI) to your personal information being obtained; utilised and stored by the company.
Candidates from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested people are invited to apply using the Company Job Portal (in “About” “Careers” then follow the instructions) by no later than Friday, 23 August 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In the event that you are not contacted within three weeks of submitting your application, assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”