The Playhouse Company, situated in Durban, is looking to fill the three (3) months temporary position of millwright (from January 2019).
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Attend to all mechanical, electrical breakdowns including the air-conditioning plants
- Investigate and analyse cause and effect of breakdowns on equipment
- Carry out necessary activities to repair/ resolve breakdowns
- Understand basic hydraulics, pneumatics and lubrication
- Read, interpret and understand electrical and basic mechanical drawings
- Carry out basic rigging and assist stage crew where necessary
- Advise management of electrical and mechanical problems and recommend activities to minimize the number of breakdowns.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed within the required timeframes and in the format specified
- Analyse proposed modifications and provide input regards the implementation of ideas
- Carry out modifications within the required timeframes
- Promote environmental and safety awareness regarding the potential impact of activities, process and materials utilized.
- Attend to stage lifts breakdown and correct the problem within reasonable time
- Install program and troubleshoot the PLC’s and (AC and DC) drives
The suitable incumbent will need to meet the following minimum criteria in terms of qualifications, skills, competencies and experience;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Technical N4 qualification as a minimum
- Trade tested Electrician/Millwright
- Wireman’s Licence
- Computer Literacy-MS office at an intermediate level
- 5 years and more related experience as Millwright/Electrician
Skills and Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to take initiative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
If you meet the above requirements, please send your detailed CV to Futhi Mbambo, HROfficer@playhousecompany.com no later than Monday, 31 December 2018.
“THE PLAYHOUSE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”