The South African State Theatre is calling for youthful, spirited, talented and passionate individuals to audition for the historical and classical play, Sophiatown.
Candidates who wish to audition are required to prepare a song and monologue of the character they wish to audition for within the play, the characters are as follows:
- Mamariti – (40-49 years old) Shebeen Queen and home owner.
- Lulu – (15-17 years old) Mamariti’s daughter, cheeky schoolgirl.
- Mingus – (19-25 years old) Mamariti’s son, notorious gangster.
- Princess – (18-20 years old) Mingus’ girlfriend
- Charlie – (19-22 years old) Mingus’ sidekick and friend
- Jakes – (27-32 years old) Drum Magazine journalist
- Mr Fahfee – (30-35 years old) Runner and political activist
- Ruth – (18-22 years old) Jewish white girl
To be considered for the audition, artists are required to book for this audition by sending their CVs AND Profiles to email@example.com by 10 March 2017 at 17:00.
Auditions are to be held at The South African State Theatre’s studio 4G on 13 and 14 of March 2017 from 10:00 until 17:00.
The production season will run from 23 April until 14 May 2017.
For enquiries and audition bookings contact Nompumelelo Skhosana on 012 392 4062 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.