Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
Job offer at Business Arts South Africa (BASA):
Head Programmes and Development
Purpose: to successfully manage the South African Growth and Skills Development programmesInitiate, develop and be accountable for and innovate with cultural partners and stakeholders in South Africa
Increase the profile and impact of the programme(s) across the country through effective delivery, team management and innovative ways to grow.
Key Elements for this role:
- Prepare and implement medium and short-term business plans for the programme functions that support the strategic plan of the organisation,
- Manage budgets, delivery and M & E
- Support overall fundraising and business development initiatives and drive new ones within the framework of the Growth Programmes
- Management of all Programmes
- Liaise with Head: Marketing and Operations to ensure effective communication of programmes both nationally and to spread the footprint on the African continent.
- Liaise with Head: Research and Development to ensure that Research and Evaluation is at the core of all Programme matrixes
- Compile articles for publishing
Do you fit the profile?
Education & Professional Development
- Masters in Humanities or social science
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the arts sector
Skill & Experience
- Strong knowledge of arts sector
- Excellent analytical, creative, and organizational skills to develop new initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills; strong command of grammar, spelling and style.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Project management skills including reporting, budget management and analytical review.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently, with little notice, and as necessary
- Ability to think strategically and act quickly on new opportunities
- Ability to work within tight deadlines to produce quick turnarounds
- Ability to engage in advocacy
- Must be able to attend arts sector events in the evenings
- Own transport
Salary on offer: Market-related
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
To Apply contact: Nenette van der Linde-Barker, HR Partner at BASA,
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. To help us respond faster, please can you make sure you read the requirements carefully & ensure your application includes all of the details we need.