Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
This is a call out for proposals for the Main Programme of The South African State Theatre which will run from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
The South African State Theatre offers you the opportunity to present your productions on our four available stages namely; Drama, Arena, Momentum or Rendezvous. We are looking for work that is relevant, exciting, inspiring, bold and entertaining. Importantly we are looking for work that that has the potential to attract audiences. Successful candidates will receive pre-production and production support.
Added to the production fund The South African State Theatre will offer:
1. The theatre for duration of the season
2. Access to Wardrobe and Décor
3. Partial Marketing, Advertising and Publicity (Companies are expected to market their own productions)
4. 10% of gross Box Office income
Individual artists, producers and arts companies are invited to submit the following information for consideration.
1. Full script and brief synopsis
2. Artistic treatment
3. Company/individual information e.g. biographies of the creative team, contact details and any other publicity material of the production (if it has been done before)
Proposals must reach The South African State Theatre not later than 15 September 2016.
Successful companies will be informed by 30 November 2016.
Proposals can be submitted to:
The Artistic Director
Aubrey W Sekhabi
South African State Theatre
Or e-mail proposal to: