Celebrate Love and the Blues, as the NIROX Foundation hosts a stellar line-up of acoustic musicians, gourmet food traders & restauranteurs, a full bar, and a selection of sumptuous desserts.
Featuring artists like:
- Blues maestro Dan Patlansky.
- Cape Town loop artist and harmonica player extraordinaire Dave Ferguson.
- Prodigal son of the South African blues scene Albert Frost.
- Country & folk heroine Laurie Levine.
- Lapsteel slide guitarist Richard Bruyns and his band The Saucetones.
- Bayou bluesmen Gunshot Blue and their grappa-infused melodies.
- NIROX Residency Artists The Urban Village featuring their afrocentric renditions of blues classics.
An outdoor film screening will follow this full day of Music, Food, Art & Nature.
Additionally, the debut of The Urban Village’s first music video ‘Inkani’ will be screened before the featured film.
A full day affair at NIROX Sculpture Park with its rolling lawns, meandering waterways and ever-changing sculpture collection, Valentine’s Blues is the ideal setting for friends, families and lovers to enjoy a glorious array of sensory feasts in the Cradle of Humankind.
Tickets and information are available from www.niroxarts.com and www.acousticsnow.org
Online: R330 per person; R360 at the gate – subject to availability.
Children under 12 pay half-price.
Infants aged 2 and under enter free-of-charge.
No food, drinks or pets allowed into the event.
GPS: S25°59′ 09.56” E27°46′ 59.17″
Gates open at 10am with music from 11am. There is ample secure parking inside the venue and concert goers are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the full day of music and to tour the Sculpture Park.
CALEO Wealth Management is the anchor sponsor for the NIROX Foundation’s on-going concert programme.
MINI is an official partner to the Valentine’s Blues concert.