The 38th Durban International Film Festival (DIFF) is calling upon filmmakers from Durban and surrounding areas to submit their films.
The call is open to entry-level applicants, preferably those who have not worked on high budget films in the industry, but have a strong desire to feature in the next edition of the Durban International Film Festival. The festival will host screenings at selected hubs with workshops taking place alongside the film exhibitions. Workshops will be offered with a high emphasis on practical skills in video camera operation, composition, scripting and video editing. Successful participants will have space to screen their films and have access to Durban audiences.
It is important that filmmakers around the city of Durban make their submissions early for consideration. We are looking for films that are narrated in indigenous languages with English subtitles.
- Applicants are required to submit a link on MP4 720p minimum.
- The main language should be indigenous with English subtitles.
- Applications must contain full contact details of the applicant.
- Preview copies may be delivered to the following address if requested by DIFF:
Centre for Creative Arts – Low Budget Films
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Howard College Campus
- E-mailed to: email@example.com
- Queries may be addressed to: 031 260 1817/2506 or e-mail: Gumedeg3@ukzn.ac.za
- Closing date for submissions is 31 March 2017
- Selected candidates will be informed before 5 May 2017.
- The sessions will be in English and isiZulu.
- Participants must attend all the workshop sessions and exhibitions (08h00- 14h00).
- These seminars will be held during the 38th Durban International Film Festival, which runs from 18 July to 23 July 2017. There will be guest speakers and other industry experts to facilitate these sessions.