The Market Theatre Foundation is looking to hire a Producing – Technical Coordinator
The Market Theatre Foundation: Business Unit: Producing: Technical Coordinator.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of technical crew to ensure technical quality of productions
- Coordinate staging elements of production to ensure production objectives are met
- Check daily stage management reports and implement notes as required
- Assume responsibility for the use and maintenance of workshop
- Assume responsibility for quarterly venue maintenance
- Train production trainees in stage and set construction, décor and technical set up procedures
- Ensure that specific provided by the designers are adhered to within mandatory health and safety regulations
- Supervise and assign duties to production crew and trainees and liaise with designers daily in pre-productions and technical set up and post production clean up and be present at technical run through
- Attend production meetings and provide input for pre-production process, reading of technical plans is essential for the implementation of the design
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of performance of staff directly under his/ her supervision
- Ensure that all safety and security systems with regards to stage construction and technical get-ins are adhered to
- Ensure availability and good working condition of tools to ensure smooth running of productions and to organise preventative maintenance thereof
- Implement systems to account for all equipment (including set storage) allocated to the workshop and to conduct stock taking of equipment at regular intervals
- Participate in the coordination of the budgeting process for the technical department including technical requirements for productions, estimates of preventative maintenance, new equipment and human resources requirements for the coming year
Key Competence Requirements:
- 5 years’ experience in theatre
- Drivers Licence
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via fax: 011 834 4311 or e-mail to email@example.com
Enquiries may be directed to Perpetua Mathsa at 011 832 1641.
Reference, ITC and criminal checks will be conducted.
Should you not hear from us with 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
The closing date for this position 20 October 2017.