National Children’s Theatre is excited to announce a new drama class for age group 5-6 years. This class provides a creative, nurturing and exhilarating environment for young children. Encouraging young actors to explore the depths of their imaginations, using their voices and bodies, is a core objective of National Children’s Theatre (NCT) educational programming. Make-believe and dramatic play build confidence and support cognitive development.
These classes will be run in partnership with Moon.Lit, a young company consisting of two university graduates, Malaika & Zeno, who have a passion for youth development and a love for the magical world of performance.
Within these workshop-styled classes, children will be exposed to a variety of fun-filled activities aimed at developing:
- hand-eye coordination
- self confidence
- breath and vocal technique
- physical presence and muscular control
- memory development
- listening skills
These valuable skills are taught through the medium of theatre games, creative activities, and structured vocal and physical warm-ups, designed specifically for young children of all backgrounds and capabilities.
Children are encouraged to come and join in the fun!!!
Enrolled children will also be able to attend special events, such as watch dress rehearsals of our professional productions on our main stage that are appropriate for young children. Parents will be able to see a class in action at the end of the half year.
- Starting date Saturday 17 February to 24 March 2018
- Where: National Children’s Theatre
- Venue: 3 Junction Avenue, Parktown
- When: Every Saturday morning during government school term from 09:00 to 10:30am
- Cost: R300 for the remainder of Term 1 (6 Saturdays)
- Parking: Free parking inside our secure grounds.
For more details contact Claudy or René 011 484 1584 or email@example.com