Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
National Children’s Theatre (NCT) offers workshops classes for ages 7 to 17 every Saturday morning during the school term.
Bringing powerful learning experiences to children! These classes are open to all children who are motivated to learn, grow, and explore the world of theatre and the arts. The programme is ongoing year–round training designed to give children opportunities and experiences that help build their self-confidence and self-esteem, and teach them about live theatre, both on stage and behind the scenes, as well as prepare them for the challenges of the adult world ahead.
ABOUT THEATRE WORKSHOPS
- Term 1: 28 January to 25 March 2017
- Times: Every Saturday morning from 9:00-12:00 during government school term
- Children are grouped by age: Group 1: 7-9, Group 2: 10-11 Group 3: 12-13 and Group 4: 14-17 years.
- Syllabus includes dancing, acting, singing and physical theatre.
- NCT’s highly experienced, dedicated and specialist teachers facilitate the workshops.
- Children rotate from one class to another.
- Refreshments are supplied between classes.
- Some bursaries are available (speak to Cindy)
- Last day of term parents are invited to support their young thespians by observing them in action
Parents, here is your chance to enrol your child in these unique, challenging, innovative and stimulating classes. Through these classes children are encouraged to develop their leadership skills, strengthening self-esteem, confidence, courage, interpersonal skills, communication skills, powers of expression, and are encouraged to discover their unknown potential.
Venue: National Children’s Theatre, 3 Junction Avenue, Parktown, Johannesburg
For more details contact the theatre and speak to Claudy or Cindy on 011 484 1584 or email@example.com
Visit our NCT’s website: www.nationalchildrenstheatre.org.za