Latest posts by Artsvark Presser (see all)
ret·ro [re-troh] adjective of or designating the style of an earlier time
Bringing retro back…
NIROX Sculpture Park revisits the ever-popular RETROFEST concert, with its sixth edition of this celebration of various decades of music. RETROFEST welcomes accomplished acoustic musicians to its amphitheatre with a full day of classic songs from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s.
Musicians like Tubatsi Moloi, Laurie Levine, Luma, Aya Nixon, Chantel Van T, Red Robyn, The Rocketeers, Dayne Rothbletz, David Van Vuuren and Tebogo Sedumedi will pay homage to the impact of music in the retro era, and the ability of songs to alter the course of history.
These musicians will take audiences on an acoustic journey with their unique interpretations of songs, which have resonated with them and music lovers throughout the world.
Sumptuous cuisine courtesy of the Epicurean Emporium, a changing selection of food traders from the food & design markets in and around Johannesburg and the Cradle of Human Kind, will be on sale on the day.
Bernie’s Bar will be in full flow, ensuring guests are well-hydrated.
Doors open at 10h00 and the music begins at 11h00, concluding at sunset.
A full day of music, food, art, nature and nostalgia in the Cradle of Humankind.
- Children under 12 enter free of charge.
- Adults: R260 online via Howler.co.za or R300 at the entrance – subject to availability.
- Pensioners & students with a valid student card: R150 – only available at the entrance.
Early bookings are strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
- No food, drinks, pets, gazebos or sporting equipment may be brought into the park.
- NIROX is an outdoor venue and as such is subject to the weather. While every care will be taken to ensure an enjoyable experience for guests, in the event of inclement weather a decision will be taken on how to proceed. No refunds.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times. Entry to the park is at your own risk.
- NIROX is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage.
Follow us on Social Media:
- Facebook – Nirox Foundation
- Facebook – Nirox Sculpture Park
- Facebook – Retrofest#6 event page